Why this method?
I show you a more suitable method for cast on 1/1 ribbing. This method is extensible and gives a nice finish compared to the classical technique.
It’s especially easy if you already know the cable cast on.
1. Make 1 loop on your left needle.
2. Insert the right needle in front of the loop and knit, place this formed stitch on the left needle. You get 2 stitches.
3. With yarn in front, insert your right needle from back to front between the last two stitches and purl, place this formed stitch on the left needle. You get 3 stitches.
4. With yarn in back, insert the right needle from front to back between the last two stitches and knit, place this formed stitch on the left needle. You get 4 stitches.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to the desired number of stitches.
On the next row, knit stitches as in picture above. Normally, the first stitch is a knit stitch and then purl stitch if you have a even number of stitches.